Saturday, November 14, 2009

What can Social Media Marketing do for small & medium businesses in South Africa?

I have been a business advisor / mentor focussing on small and medium businesses in South Africa for more than 12 years and I can assist and guide most businesses to become more profitable and professional, making sure that at the end of the day that there will be more money for the business owner’s pocket.

The generation of cash will and always will be the most important factor for any business.

Where does Social Media Marketing fit into the picture? Will the time spend on Social Media Marketing Actions benefit the majority of small and medium businesses in South Africa?

It is a relatively new concept, and as with everything new there is a resistant to change. Frankly I find most of Social Media Marketing actions a total waste of time and energy. So much of hype and information overload I have never experienced. It feels as if the more time you spend on Social Media Marketing actions the less results and the less time to spend on other really important functions and that is to make money.

I am sure that if you are an internet marketer that Social Media Marketing is the best tool to use, but will it benefit the majority of small and medium businesses in South Africa? There is to many of the same type / profile of businesses / people using Social Media Marketing.

I must still meet any business owner of a normal type of business selling normal products or services that is making money out of or with the assistance of Social Media Marketing.

However I am about to find out if it will mean anything to me or if there will be any tangible results and I will share it with anybody who is interested.

I will do my best to be open minded and learn as much as I can about Social Media Marketing and if it will contribute any value to me and my clients.

Johan Jordaan
SellServe

No comments:

Post a Comment